How I Beat the Wall in 6 Hours
I think I've cracked it. I literally think I cracked the cure to beating the wall.
Some background of my wall today. If you have been following me on social media for some time you would know that I show up daily and have never not shown up (unless in hospital). Today was the first day I was seriously contemplating packing it in. I just didn't know if I could do it.
I woke up at 11am and I avoided doing anything until 4pm. Not that it felt like 5 hours passed by. It was just so difficult. I started filming content in bed. However, I finally started to understand why I felt the way I felt. But to move out of the victim mentality I had to review was there anything else I could of done to prevent this. And I realised yes there was.
I so badly planned my week and realised it was all my fault. And it was as if in that instance the wall was moved and I went, "I'm not fucking going out like this!". How crazy is that?
So when you feel you want to give up do the following:
- How do you feel?
- What activity/ event happened to you to make you feel like that?
- Accept you are human and look at your situation as if a third person
- Finally, was there anything you could have done to prevent this?
My example was:
- I feel so exhausted I can't believe I have such a long list of things to do. I just can't do this.
- I traveled 10 hours yesterday and completed a 3.5 obstacle course race. Also, went to bed at 1am and woke up at 11am. Therefore, didn't have a full day to even catch up.
- I accepted that obviously I would feel exhausted and understandable I wouldn't want to do anything today then considering. I massively underestimated the race
- I should of planned my week. Had a back up plan if I did feel exhausted. I should of not had a jolly throughout my week day evenings and actually film my content. Saturday is usually my Netflix day I should have rescheduled to Sunday to avoid this burn out.
The moment I took responsibility was the moment I started to finish my journal. Get me timetable and smash this 4 hour slot into the fucking wall.
Boohoo me. I chose my life.
I hope this helps. I will be using this technique in future from now on